Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas tatting

This is always a busy tatting season and I always swear I'm going to start my Christmas tatting earlier, but as usual I'm getting a late start again this year. And what's best when you start late....keeping it simple.

This is one of my easy projects. Dollar store bulbs with hen, chicks and beads. Sorry for the poor quality photo, but I know you'll get the basic idea.

This is a small bulb. I've adjusted the hen and chicks pattern to cup a bit to fit the bulb. Pattern is 4-2-2-4, 4-4, 4-2-2-4, 4-4-2-2-4-4, 4-2-2-4, 4-4, 4-2-2-4 (joins not included in pattern).....If you know hen and chicks patterns you can figure it out from there. I did five repeats. Make two motifs and just string beads to hold them together.

Happy Holiday Tatting

4 comments:

  1. Que bonita !!!en el arbol de navidad quedera preciosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the way you've beaded the string that joins the motifs. Now where did I put those Christmas balls?

    ReplyDelete