Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Kyoto Class 4

My last class was held at the Kyoto International Community House. My interpreter worked in the library of this community center. During my break we toured the International Art Exhibit they were having at this time. There were 10 women in the Kyoto class the oldest was 88.

  




After class we dropped my stuff and went to a bookstore where I bought a couple tatting books, a silk ribbon embroidery book and a small Japanese item sewing book.

I received more pictures from my host in Japan. I will be adding them to previous posts. Most are group shots of class members.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. The class looks very diligent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another excellent post! I noticed right away the attractive tatted vest worn by one of the participants! I'm wondering if it's her own design. It's beautifully done in a thicker thread, and fits her perfectly! This has certainly been a fabulous trip for you, and I'm so pleased you have shared it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I think the vest is hook needle tatting. The woman with the orange shirt and collar is Toshiko Takashima daughter. Mrs. Takashima wrote a book on Japanese Style Hook Needle Tatting and is often used in Japan to use with yarns.

      Delete
  3. I love to read of your travels and classes. Tatting classes seem very similar the world over. I love the fine thread tatting.
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle to tat with 80 size thread. I really admire tatters that can use 120 and 160 size thread. I find it inspiring.

      Delete