Wednesday, November 10, 2010



My last workshop in Kyoto was in a second floor room of their Community Center. The picture above was taken from the window and shows a mountain side view of Kyoto. I had thirteen tatters this day. Among them were 94 year old Toshiko Takashima and her daughter Taek. (They are not pictured here because they had to leave after lunch to teach a class.)  Also there was Mrs. Takako Araki, author of a beautiful Japanese Beaded Tatting book. Her tatting is the one with the four brooches below. After lunch Miss Shirai a representative from Clover came to see my display and asked me about what Clover could do for tatters. She also presented me with Clover shuttles, I was very happy to get a set of the new pastel ones that I hadn’t bought yet.










The white centerpiece I put on an early post. But on the table you can see the silver beads better.

No comments:

Post a Comment