Thursday, March 18, 2010

A fun year

This year is going to be a fun year. I've received the most wonderful invitation to teach a tatting pattern at a workshop in Japan. I've never been to Japan and I'm very excited about it all. (nervous too) If anyone has any tips on traveling there, please let me know. When I get closer to having the instructions complete I will post a picture of the penny purse I'm teaching.


The only draw back to going to Japan is that I will miss the ILOI and the TCI conventions this year, unfortunately I am limited in the amount of time I can take off work. To brighten my day I did make reservations this week to go to the saturday Shuttlebirds workshop in Spokane with a side trip to see Bobbie in Montana. Always a wonderful spring treat. Skymiles made it all possible. :o)


Creating a new website on Google has been a challenge. As I reconstruct it, if anyone has suggestions of what you'd like to see about tatting shuttles, just let me know.

Heidi

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    I look forward to seeing you in Spokane again this year.
    Japan will be exciting! It is a very friendly place to visit. Mimi D can also give you some advice as she has spent some time there too!

    ....have you seen my new precious metal shuttles?

    ~Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry,

    Woo hoo, my first comment. OMG I'm such a newbie to this whole blogging thing. I really love what I've seen so far though. It will be nice to see you again too.

    I did see your new shuttles! I really love the color of the copper ones. Hope I get to see one in Spokane.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see pictures of different tatting shuttles. I just wish I still had the Tatsy I had when my oldest daughter was little - she used to teeth on it! Alas, it got lost in all the moves. I look forward to seeing your blog blossom!

    ReplyDelete